A Little Late

You kept waiting,
Looking at the door,
Anticipating me to pick you up 
In my arms
I realised it a little late

Your little form
was too big for some
Your crystal innocence 
too blurry 
Your innocuous swings
through the candy heap
panicked them as if 
It will set off daisy-chains
That will collapse everything

The pushes 
The pulls
The tugs
The frowns
That meant nothing to your untouched mind
Did touch your heart
And I know for sure you longed for me
To comfort you 
To protect you
from this ordeal
But I realised it a little late

I realised it a little late
When you put your dinky treasures
Around me
A cup that was broken,perhaps
A half full can of oil,
you barely managed to lift
Bribing me to stay
With things of no value
But nothing less than Kohinoor to you
How could I have resisted the offer
And not sold myself to you


Popular Posts