No Remorse

But then writing poems is never enough
Blackening the paper never changed anything
What do I hope to achieve by
spilling my own blood
Hope it burns within

Only if some salt comes out
Some warmth
Some genuine saline
Some drops of purity
Clear of all pretenses
Devoid of all fakery

I stand here,rather sit defeated
Feeling disowned
Disowned by what was my pride
What would break me 
If not my own flesh
What will drown me
If not my own blood

What do they hope to achieve
A few more medals
Will they like their bones to be gilded
for choking their own voice

The sky cries with me
For it has witnessed things never before
Or is it my own naivety
That mistakes for empathy
the laughter of sky

I may pass the trial
But at what cost
Which makes me wonder
Am I bargaining the wrong commodity
with the wrong people
Was I stupid my entire life
Or is this a hint
Is this face,the voice,the hair the eyes
all lies?

Or is it my own naivety peeling off?
Will I rise the wise me?
Or will they stand down by my fury?
Or will we cry together
Seeks forgiveness from each other
But will their remorse suffice my loss?



Popular Posts